JHSUM Collections are located at the University of Minnesota Andersen Library in the Nathan and Theresa Berman Upper Midwest Jewish Archives. Please email Archivist Kate Dietrick or call 612-625-0192 to discuss your donation.
As we often say, “The treasure is in your attic!” Make your family’s story and keepsakes a permanent link in the chain of Jewish history. Your donation will be carefully preserved, cataloged and made available for exhibits, education and scholarly research in order that Jewish ways of life will be known today and for generations to come.
WHAT WE COLLECT
* Memoirs, diaries, correspondence and documents relating to Jewish life in the Upper Midwest region.
* Family histories, genealogies and records from Upper Midwest Jewish homes.
* Newspapers, magazines, books and substantial news clippings about Upper Midwest Jewish activities.
* Oral history tapes, videos and other recordings relating to Jewish life in the region.
* Photographs of all sorts (especially those identifying names, places, date and occasion).
* Selected artifacts (yearbooks, menus from Jewish-owned restaurants and more).
* Selected records of regional Jewish-owned businesses.
WHAT WE DON’T COLLECT
* Plaques and award certificates.
* News clippings of meetings.
* Routine thank-you letters and notes.
* Financial records.
All items offered for donation to the Archives will be reviewed by staff to determine if it fulfills the needs of the Society, does not duplicate existing items and to ensure that the Society can adequately care for the item.